Sunday, January 22, 2012
My name is Conlan Fay, and I am from the Chicago land area. I lived in Joliet before coming up here to live on campus at Columbia. I am a Television Major with concentration in Producing and Directing. I have always loved news and current events. I believe this is one of the main reasons why I became interested in television. Some of my favorite people in the business include Leonard Goldenson (basically relaunched the ABC network to help it survive), Brandon Tartikoff (mastermind behind many NBC shows including Family Ties, The Cosby Show, and Hill Street Blues to name a few), and Pat Weaver (ABC & NBC, credited to creating a genera of television that is now commonplace on every network, by creating the morning news show "Today".) I chose to go to Columbia because of the great facilities and faculty that make up the College. I have been told for years that I should consider Columbia as my College of choice from many industry professionals. I took their word for it and I am glad I did. I have worked in television for 6 years now, varying from being a Station Director at a local cable access station, to working a job with Chicago White Sox. I love TV and enjoy working in it. My media of choice would be working in video, as corresponds to my passion for TV. I hope to gain a broader knowledge of rhetoric and writing styles and, as of now, can't think of any concerns about the class for this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, Conlan.
ReplyDeleteIt's REALLY exciting to have a student that's so enthusiastic about his course of study! You sound vested in every realm of television n' that's FAB! I want you to start thinking deeply about your paper topic. Think about different concerns of quandaries you have with televised news--issues of truth n' rhetoric, target audience, community involvement, etc. Go crazy.